Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's 2010


Happy Late New Year to everyone. I have been so busy I haven't had time to Blog. I went in here not too long ago and I couldn't get in because I had forgotten my password, how sad is that. So tonight I reset the darn thing, and here I am.
We have been busy with the new house. 2 days ago we finally finished sheet rocking. I looked at my log and seen that we have been sheet rocking on and off for 6 months. We only had help with a few of the ceilings and a long wall in the loft, other than that we have did it with just the 2 of us. It was sooooo strange to go up there today and not have to sheet rock. I even got to start a little sanding on a project i want to complete for the house. More on that later.
Anyway, we are on our way to completion. We had someone come in and do the mudding and taping. they will texture tomorrow and put on the primer on Thursday, then it will be time to paint. OH MY GOSH, what colors do I want to paint in my new house????? You would think I would know the answer to that. NOPE. On Monday we're going to Sherwin Williams to start looking at some paint colors. We will go from there. I've lived mostly around antique white and now I think it will be time for some colors. Nothing too bold tho. I'm a natural type person and I like lighter, more soothing colors. It will be interesting. I'll let you know what I pick out for colors.
Yes it has been a long haul. I am sore and tired and i think i need a few days to just relax. Unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen too soon.
Tomorrow I go up to see my littlest grandson and it will be our special day together. I Cherish each and every one I have with him. He gives me something to smile about and I seem to forget everything else when we spend the day together. For now that is my fix.
Next week I will start to paint then. I do enjoy painting so I think this part of my journey will be nice. I have my little scaffold thing that I will be moving around from room to room with all my paint stuff on it. (bought it at Menards) I used it when I stained all the windows in the house and it was so handy to have. I could just sit on it and have my stuff all right there for me to work with. NO LADDERS! I hate ladders.
Well I've bored you too much now and I am going to get to bed. 5:30 am will come soon enough.
Happy New Year to whoever reads this post. I don't think I have too many followers anymore so maybe I am just writing to myself.................oh well I talk to myself all the time, I may as well write to myself also....LOL
And to all a Good-Night............As you can see by the picture I am exhausted..LOL
To the right of the picture is my future Kitchen!! VERY excited about!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

LOL...love the picture of you! By now you probabally have the house painted? I hope you take some pictures and post them soon so that I can see your house. It sounds wonderful. I am excited to see what colors you ended up choosing. I am glad that you have kept up with your days with your grandson. Is it too late to say Happy 2010? Hope this year is a more relaxing of a year for you and yours. :) Please post pictures soon! XX Lori

1/20/2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home