Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ground Hog's Day is finally over "It's Mothers Day"

if you know me and what i do, my life at work is purely ground hogs day, over and over again. i named it that about 3 years ago. besides it being a favorite movie of mine, it is also my life when i am working.
well ground hog's day is finally over and it is mother's day and i am sitting at my messy kitchen table at 7:25 am enjoying a cup of coffee by myself, (hubby is still in bed)
it's been a long 6 months for me with only having time off about a month here and there total. I'm tired and i need a break. we went up to the new house yesterday and did some measuring for the interior doors and trim, even that got to be a chore towards the end. today we are going to go have lunch with hubbies mother, who lives about an hour plus from us. i will go up and see my mom on Thursday as well as my kids, grandson, and not to forget my grand-dogs and the 3 new little great grand-dogs, yes Oakley and Basil had 3 puppies, they are shit-zoos, i know i spelled that wrong but you get the picture. they are absolutely adorable. i can't wait to see everyone. i need a family fix. i miss them all so much when i am gone.
we will be home now for the summer pouring all of our strength into finishing our new home. believe me, we will truly need strength with what we are about to attempt. i will let you know as the progress progresses.
well i am going to have another cup of coffee and take a look at Craig's list, another favorite place i have found on the Internet lately, like i need to buy anything else...... it's fun to look tho.
so to all those mom's out there, whether you are a single mom to a great great grandma mom, i wish you all the best and happiest mother's day.
especially to my daughter jenny who this year i will give the greatest mom award for giving me the happiness of my little grandson tucker, who warms my heart and gives me some of the most special days of my life, she is a hardworking mom with having a full time job, (thank God for that right now) but she has the time to give her little guy all the love a mother could give. Happy Mother's Day honey, i love you so very, very much!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Cammy said...

Glad you're home safe and sound. Missed being up there with you guys this year! Hope you had a great Mother's Day, Cheryl!!

5/12/2009  
Blogger Lori said...

I hope that all is going well with you and this big project of finishing your new home. How exciting yet so much work. I think I would give you the award for the hardest working woman I know. I look forward to seeing your new home progress.

Since I am so late in responding to this post, I hope that you did indeed have a good mothers day and that you have been able to spend some fun time with your family and that darn cute grandson of yours.

My life has been extra crazy this past month so this is the first time on the computor for a long time. I have missed connecting with others and being able to write. I am hoping that I can somehow get back to blogging since it brings such joy to my life. I am sorry it took me so long to get here. I hope all is well with you my friend. Love and hugs, Lori

6/11/2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home